Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Father asked, “Son, do you have what it takes to stay married” By Eddie Windsor



I believe promotion is the quickest way for a person to come face to face with their incompetence. The marketplace position you put in long hours for, the advancement you prayed for, the position you went to school for. I told you before, and if you know anything about me, you know you will hear it again. What the business world today does best is promote good people to a place of incompetence. However, this does not just happen in the world of business. Life also promotes people to incompetence.

Remember your first date? I do. There was a lot this boy didn’t know about dating. About the time I got the dating scene figured out, it was on to engagement. Somehow the skills I had acquired during dating were not helping me achieve success during engagement. So, I found myself incompetent but very serious about doing whatever the future demanded of me to make Tammy my wife. The fun loving, experience the world Tammy I dated was very different to the now serious about the future Tammy I was engaged to. I think that season of my life is, still to this day, the season of greatest change I have ever experienced. By the time our wedding rolled around, I had a new car and a house. I had to become serious about our future. There was no doubt in this young man’s mind, I was ready for marriage.

I remember the day of my wedding and the talk that I had with my father. He told me how proud he was of the man I had become. The changes I had made in my life had proven to him that I was ready for this day. But, then he said something that didn’t make sense. He said, “Son, you have learned valuable lessons and made great changes in an effort to get married, but will you have what it takes to stay married?” I thought, “Marriage has got to be a cake walk once you have made it through dating and the engagement zone.” Boy, was I wrong. I, once again, found myself incompetent. It took me several years before I felt like I had this marriage thing even a little under control, and then, we had a baby! It was back to incompetence again. On my 25th wedding Anniversary, my father winked at me and said, “Son, you’re a good husband and father.”

My mother and father were married 63 years and showed us all that a great marriage is possible!

I am my father’s son,

Eddie Windsor



To see more video’s by Eddie Windsor Visit:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChampionLifetv



Stay Connected To Eddie